Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's time, it's time........woohoo!!!

Welcome to the very 1st CASE study challenge!! 
What an exciting time for Iwona the brains behind this unique challlenge,  all the girls on the design team and our Muse, who will be honoured over the next 4 weeks.
 Bet you are dying to know who our muse for the month of August is...........................  the very very talented Makiko Jones has agreed to join us!!!!!!! 
If you are looking for inspiration Maki's blog is a fabulous place to visit. 
You have seen the sneak peak of the inspirational image for this week's challenge, now here is the full image... isn't is absolutely stunning!
With such a stunning card to use for inspiration there were so many elements that I could CASE!  To create my card I have used the nesties and the shading around them for my inspiration.  I tend to use round nesties with other round nesties, hoping outside my creative 'square' I have put round with labels, Maki has showed how they really work together even though they are different!  I also loved the subtle shading around the circle, so I pulled out the copic airbrush system and shaded.  I don't think I have have softness of Maki but I was still happy with the result!
I have also tied this easy peazy bow using the tutorial put together by Amy, why didn't I find this technique earlier- it is fool proof!!  You can check it out here

The recipe:
Cardstock: Regal rose, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Going Gray, Melon Mambo, X pressit blending cardstock
Paper: Polka dots from a large pack (can't remember the brand)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black
Image: Everyday Princess (Digi) from Tiddly Inks
Accessories: Copics, spica pens, Airbrush system, Nesties circles & labels 4, White satin ribbon,Kaiser Rhinestones, Scrapbook bitz rhinestones strip, Stickles


What is the next step you ask.........The challenge will be, to take what works best for you from the Maki's stunning creation (above): the layout, the colours, techniques, or whatever else, and use it on your sample. You may also like to CASE the whole look. In other words, your job is to show us, how Maki inspires YOU.

We would all love you to play along with us at CASE study!

By playing along you will also have the opportunity to win $10 worth of goodies from the wonderful AesaLina over at PixiePetals

I have seen what the design team has created and I am absolutely gob smacked with the stunning creations they have whipped up, all have taken different inspiration from Maki card.

Check them out.....

Lil' Old Me

Remember to stop by The Case Study and pick up this cute badge to add to your blog




Thanks for stopping by on this very special day
Happy CASING
Sue
X

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Wonderful CASE, Sue. Darling image and wonderfully coloured too. Maki has gorgeous work - great pick.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

YAAAY I'm so glad to have you! *does the happy dance*

Angela said...

SENSATIONAL! love what you have done! love that digi stamp too! the colours are perfect!

carole-ish said...

i love how we all had a different take on makiko's inspiration card, too!!
your girlie is so beautifully coloured ~ wow!! wonderful card, sue!!

Karen said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog Sue. Comments inspire me to do my best. A neat idea to have a CASD study. Hope all goes well.

devlinwhite designs said...

Super cute card Sue! Your colouring is fab and I love what you've done with the nesties!

Makiko Jones said...

So cute, Sue! The color combo is just perfect and I love how you placed the layers behind the image!