Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, September 2, 2010

CASE Study #4- Happy 18th Erin

It is time for another CASE study challenge, again another week has just flown past! 
This is the last week that Maki will be joining us as our Muse *sad face*, what a fantastic month we have had CASing her designs.  Thank you Maki for joining in the fun with us, we are truely honoured to have you as our 1st Muse
I must thank you all  for your gorgeous creations again this week, I am soooooo glad that it is not my job to pick a winner and a top 3- they wouldn't be announced til christmas if it was!!
I made this one for my niece Erin, who turns 18 tomorrow.  I bought the chipboard '18th' and worked the entire design around it, the down side is, the card is HUGE, it measures 21cm x 15cm- teehee! 
It looks even nicer ITL, just couldn't capture it well in the photo, what you can't see is the stickles on the chip board and the spica pen on the butterflies!
Here is my card for this week, I have used the layout from Maki's design as my inspiration.






The Recipe:
Cardstock: Stamper's select white (PTI), Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Basic Black
Paper: Dotty Biscotti (PTI)
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams, Fancy Flourishes (PTI)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black , Versa mark
Copics:  V12, V15, V17,100 Black
Accessories: Plum pudding grosgrain ribbon (PTI), spica pens, Copic airbrush , Black stickles, MS Scallop boarder punch, bling, clear embossing powder, corner rounder (SU)

If you haven't played with us before, here is a rundown of what you can do to join in the fun. 
Take what works best for you from the Maki's stunning creation (above): the layout, the colours, techniques, or whatever else, and use it on your sample. You may also like to CASE the whole look. In other words, your job is to show us, how Maki inspires YOU. There is no right or wrong it is just YOUR way!!

We have something else to get you going this week.......Our sponsor Andrea from AnnaBelle Stamps is kindly sending the lucky winner a Holly branch stamp set!!


We would all love you to play along with us at CASE study again

 Sounds like a fun? Sure does! Now it's your turn to be creative!

The design team also has wonderful creations they have whipped up, all have taken different inspiration from Maki's card!

Lil' Old Me

Makiko Jones (August Muse)

Thanks for stopping by
Happy CASing
Sue
X

7 comments:

Christina said...

I just love all of the sparkles you've added, and I'm sure it's even prettier in person. What a perfect card for an 18th birthday!

carole-ish said...

just kaPOW!!
your niece must have LOVED this!! :)

Makiko Jones said...

Sue, this is super beautiful!! The butterflies and colors are so pretty! Your niece is gonna LOVE it!

Shelley Germann said...

Oh my goodness. You are on #4 already....seriously? I have got to get my behind in gear and join you! I love your purple butterfly card. Very pretty!

Betty Wright said...

Sue, this is wonderful! Awesome 18th bday card! I really heart the trio of tiny butterflies that you cut out to go with the other! Stunning detailing! Lovely card!

Angela said...

WOW! this is STUNNING! & SENSATIONAL! I am sure she will love it!!

Shirley-anne said...

I LOVE THE EMBELLISHMENT ..18 looks fab!
love the butterfly too.