Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, September 23, 2010

CASE study #7- I'm in Loooooove!

It is time for another CASE study challenge! 
 This month brings us stunning creations by Mariana at Mariana Grigsby Blog.  As soon as I saw this gem, I was in love with it, such striking colours, so elegant and simple!  I just couldn't wait for this week to arrive so I could try my hand at CASing this one.
 Check out all the details of this gorgeous card click here

 

For this card I have chosen to case the WHOLE card, there wasn't anythink I wanted to leave out- LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
With such excitment I set about getting the exact butterfly, but with that came a whole array of delays..... I didn't have the software to unzip the file (should have checked that before I down loaded-Doh!!), but with the help of my wonderful Bro the software was easily obtained, but did take a wee while.  I printed out 4 butterflies and coloured them all slightly different, cut them ALL out............. starting to assemble the card............poop!!  The butterflies were all too small, doh, doh, doh!!!!!!!  Back to the drawing board again, however I did learn a lesson, only cut out the one you want to use-he he.  DD's concluded that this one was the one they liked.... I set to work with the cutterbee's!!
No airbrushing in this one either, I have been trying to control my addiction-lol!!!



Sorry for the colouring in the photo's, just couldn't get them right without the natural daylight!
The Recipe:
Cardstock: Xpress-it blending cardstock,Crumb Cake, Basic Black
Stamps: Winged Friends- digital Stamp, On your Birthday & Pretty Petals (SU)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black , Versa mark
Copics:  BG02, BG05, BG09, YG03,100
Accessories: Clear spica pen, Clear embossing powder, Fiskars boarder punch,Aqua bling, wire, crystal effects , Cutterbee scissors

If you haven't played with us before, here is a rundown of what you can do to join in the fun. 
Take what works best for you from the stunning creation (above): the layout, the colours, techniques, or whatever else, and use it on your sample. You may also like to CASE the whole look just like ME!!. In other words, your job is to show us, how Marianas card inspires YOU.

There is no right or wrong it is just YOUR way!!

We have something else to get you going this week.......
a little gift from our sponsor this week
By playing along you will also have the opportunity to win $10 worth of goodies from the wonderful AesaLina over at PixiePetals

We would all love you to play along with us at CASE study again

 Sounds like a fun? Sure does! We now turn over the creative wheel to you.

The design team also has stunning creations, all have taken amazing inspiration from Mariana's card!

Lil' Old Me

Mariana Grigsby (September Muse)

Thanks for stopping by
Happy CASing
Sue
X

8 comments:

Robyn said...

What a fabulous job you did Sue! Mariana's card is absolutely stunning...but so is yours! How on earth did you cut around the antennae of the butterfly??

Angela said...

how utterly sensational!!! love love love it! will definitely want to join in on this one!!

Marion said...

Wow Sue....I really love your card as well as Mariana's. Really beautiful work!

Oma said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love butterflies!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

And I've been waiting with excitement to find out what stamp is the butterly, as soon as I saw that you used the same one! I must say that I wish it was NOT a digi... :)
Oh, and your work with the scissors is exceptional - as well as it everything else on your card! :)

carole-ish said...

GORGEOUS, sue!!
and you've made me want to take out that pretty petals bg again ~ is it fabulous... ;)

stampinmoments.com said...

Absolutely beautiful! The colours, the image, everything!
Andrea

Jess said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous take of the CASE study! Love it!! Your colouring is divine!