Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, September 30, 2010

CASE study #8

It is Thursday and you know what that means, yep,  time for another CASE study challenge! 
 This month has bought us stunning creations by Mariana at Mariana Grigsby Blog, sadly this is Mariana's last week *sniff sniff*.  I think you will agree that September has certainly been an amazing month (the butterfly from last week-Mmm!!), I hope you will join me in thanking Mariana for her inspiration, it has certainly been a pleasure!
I would also like to thank each and every one of the 37 fabulous entries for last weeks challenge, I didn't get around to comment on all your blogs but was certainly gobsmacked by the creativity- my hat goes off to you all!!!!!  I don't think I was the only one WOW'd by the beautiful blue butterfly!

Anyhoo on with the task at hand, challenge #7

Check out all the details of this gorgeous card click here


Here is my take on Mariana's, inspired by her daffodils





The Recipe:
Cardstock: Xpress-it blending cardstock,Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Old olive DS (Retired)
Stamps: Year of the flower- Daffodil (PTI), Flutterby friend (PTI), Vintage Vogue (SU)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Copics: YR04, YR07,YR09, Y,Y,Y
Accessories: Clear spica pen, Top note die (SU),Old olive Grosgrain, Bling strips ,  crystal effects , Cutterbee scissors

If you haven't played with us before, here is a rundown of what you can do to join in the fun. 
Take what works best for you from the stunning creation (above): the layout, the colours, techniques, or whatever else, and use it on your sample. You may also like to CASE the whole look. In other words, your job is to show us, how Marianas card inspires YOU.

There is no right or wrong it is just YOUR way!!



We would all love you to play along with us at CASE study again

 Sounds like a fun? Sure does! We now turn over the creative wheel to you.

The design team also has stunning creations, all have taken amazing inspiration from Mariana's card!

Lil' Old Me

Mariana Grigsby (September Muse)

Thanks for stopping by
Happy CASing
Sue
X

10 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

You and your experiments with Copics... lol! I can see a huge improvement with every new project that you finish, and you just blow me away with your shading lately! It's ingenious, girl :)
By the way... I just got some too - yippee!!! I think 20 is a good start... *wink*

Marisa said...

Fabulously coloured daffodil, Sue! You are mastering those Copics wonderfully :) Great card!!

Shirley-anne said...

Sue loved your card . A single flower with right sentiment invokes contemplation and inspiration.
This is what I tried to convey with my scene and sentiment . Hope it suits theme .

Shirley-anne said...

Sue I am sorry but I could not find where to add my post for case 8 challenge . May I add it here for now and if you advise me how to be included I will do it right later
http://shirley-anne-stampingforjoy.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-watercolour-piece-sharing-dawn.html

Joy said...

Gorgeous, love this PTI stamp set, I will so have to get it, thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

Lenet said...

Love it!! Beautiful coloring on the daffodil!Those copics are just not for me. I sold all of them and went back to my Derwent and prisma pencils.

Christina said...

Oh my word, this is beautiful! Your coloring is absolutely amazing, and I love the paper pieced stem. What a fantastic take on Mariana's beautiful card!

Laurie said...

What a beautiful card! I love all that bling at the bottom! And gorgeous coloring too!

Rachel said...

Stunning Card.
Rach

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful colors, Sue! I love that daffodil image and you colored it so wonderfully! I'm going to have to pick up some Copic tips from you being as that this is the place to come to see fabulous coloring and shading! Great job!