Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Thursday, August 11, 2011

CASE study #52, a bit of a twist

Welcome back for a fabulous fun filled week of CASE study!
Again we are changing it around for another twist on our usual style- more on that later in the post!
What a week it was last week, I am astounded by the enthusiasm, but that is what Birthday's are all about!
Thank you for taking the time to hop along with us and make is an extravaganza!
It was wonderful to see the fabulous entries and to revisit all the cards you CASEd- YOU ROCK!!

Now, on to the randomly drawn winner of my blog candy, the winner is #89, Mary that is you!!
Please email me your details to boney2@optusnet.com.au, so I can send you your CANDy!


Continuing on with our August Birthday celebrations, the team have little something different to feast your eyes upon!! 
This week we are CASing you, the players, our birthday tribute to you- woohoo!!
My inspiration for this week comes from the surpremely talented, CAS queen,
Therese Calvird from Lost in Paper!

 

I have selected stunners form way back at CASE study #15,  saved and ogled since then-lol!  
I loved them so much I went and bought the stamp, but alas it stayed uninked until now (I know this would never happen to any of you-lol!!), finally I got the gentle nudge I needed to blow the dust off ! 
I went to work, wanting pay tribute to Therese's creativity, trying hard to capture the elegance of her designs.  I really wanted to copy them but resisted,  and came up with this





A BIG thank you to Therese for being such an inspiration!
It was a bit of a challenge but so much fun!

The Recipe:
Stamps: Hero Arts Clings- Poppy Background, Hero Arts Clear- Delicate Blooms, PTI Signature Greetings
Cardstock:Xpress it Blending Cardstock, Basic Black, Pretty in Pink
Paper: SU hostess pack- Regal Rose
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine- Onyx Black
 Copics:  R0000, R81, R83, R85, R89, YG21, YG23, YG25
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, Grand Nesties- Labels 1, Cheery Lynn Exotic butterfly mini's, Rhinestones, , Mini Rhinestones

If you want to play along you can check out all the details on the CASE study site, but in a nutshell
it is YOUR way!
The rest of the team have some awesome inspiration from the players to share with you too!

Jean (Taking a break)
Lil' Old Me

13 comments:

Marisa said...

Absolutely love your case, Sue!! Those flowers are fabulous as is the shape of your card.

Angela said...

Simply stunning!!! Can't believe you have an uninked stamp!!! Lol love the card shape too!!

Jay Gee said...

Really beautiful card Sue and gorgeous colouring :)

Marion said...

Just beautiful Sue! You have created your own masterpiece. I know that Therese will be thrilled that you have cased her! Both of you are so talented!

Jenny said...

An uninked stamp! I cant believe it. You must be the only one who has/had one of those ;-)
Love this card Sue. The colours are simply stunning. hugs jenny b x

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my ... absolutely stunning card Sue ... love love love it. Your colouring is fabulous - the pink on black look is soo striking, fresh and vibrant ... a gorgeous creation!!!

Ida said...

Wow you did a fabulous job caseing Therese's cards. All of them are so pretty and yes, Stunners!

cbuswell said...

Stunning CASE, fabulous shape and beautiful colors!

Debby said...

Buy a stamp and not use it - who would do that :o LOL! Hate to think how many times that's happened to me. Love your card - such great colour.

lostinpaper said...

WOW! Sue your creation is totally awesome! Love the colours and the shape of your card and of course your colouring is perfect!! I am stoked that you chose to CASE my card and you have inspired me to get that wonderful stamp out again and dust it off!

Andrea said...

Sue....WOW!! Your card is amazing!!

Sue W said...

Beautiful take on the original Sue!!! Stunning card!

Mary said...

Oh dear, I feel another stamp search is on now to find this one. I have been trying to resist buying copics but may have to just try a couple to get this wonderful colouring.
Your card is super - beautifully cased withoout being identical - I love it.
Mary
and by the way I think I may have 1 or 2 (++ !!) uninked stamps.