Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Curtain Call Colour Challenge: Act 38

Oops, another hiccup with the scheduling- doh!!!!
Welcome back for another week of fun with the Curtain Call Colour ChallengeAct 38 has an unusual mix of colours Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery and Very Vanilla, a colour combination that I don't think I would have used in my wildest dreams!!  Having put them all together and had a play, I really love all these colours together- what a difference a week makes-lol!!!   Isn't the bouquet of flowers just beautiful- very springy!

A BIG thank you to all who replied last week to my call for 'Ribbon Help', I have some great ideas and tips for the next time I try to give scrunched ribbon a whirl, if all else fails I will pull out the sewing machine as Melissa suggested and then it won't move an inch!!!  thanks again-mwah!

If you would like to play along, head over to Stacey's Stamping Stage and link your creation in with Mr Linky! Stacey will be awarding one creation with "The Lead" and 5 creations for the "Top 5 show stopper", qualifying to adorn your blog with the badges and share the news with all!!
As always, if you would like some inspiration to get you started with these colours you can head over to the Design Team members blogs to check out their impressive creations and our illustrious leader  Stacey, will have a beautiful creation to get you going too! 
Remember we also have the very talented Silke joining us for the month of July, another impressive place to visit!



Amy White at Devlinwhite Designs

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) at Random Acts of Creativity
Julie Smith at Paper and Such
Marisa Ritzen at Rosemary Reflections
Melissa Hubert at My Paper Obsession
Shelley Germann at Stampin' Garden

Our Special Guest Designer for July- Silke Ledlow at My Life

 Stacey Schafer at Stacey's Stamping Stage

ME.......

I have done 2 cards again this week, I wasn't happy with the 1st one, so I embarked on another, but I am not sure if I am happy with the second one and now prefer the first one-lol!!! I could have save myself a whole lot of time if I made up my mind a little earlier- doh!  Anyhoo, I hope you enjoy them both!



The Recipe:
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry, Regal rose, Pumpkin Pie and Certainly Celery
Stamps: Turning a new leaf, Beautiful Blooms 2, Anniversary set - All PTI
Ink:Rich Razzleberry, Regal rose, Pumpkin Pie and Certainly Celery
Accessories: Rich Razzleberry grosgrain ribbon, silk ribbon (PTI), button, beautiful blooms #1 dies, Crystal effects, circle punch



The Recipe:
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry, Regal rose, Pumpkin Pie and Certainly Celery
Stamps: Butterfly Dreams
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Regal rose, Pumpkin Pie and Certainly Celery
Accessories: Eyelet lace boarder, butterfly die, stickles, crystal effects, Kaiser Rhinestones


Thanks for stopping by
Happy Crafting
Sue
X

19 comments:

Christina said...

Wow, Sue, I really like both of these! You really made a tough color combo work beautifully! I love the Beautiful Blooms II on the first one, but I think I like the simplicity of the butterfly card even more!

Angela said...

i really like both! and love how creative you have been with the butterflies! might get some time **sigh** to actually join in this week!

Robyn said...

Oooh I like the flower one Sue-very swish!

Julie said...

Gorgeous stuff Sue, I love both of the cards. The butterfly card is so CAS!!

Nance Leedy said...

I love them both! Both are a fabulous use of these colors. The butterfly one is so creative! Love the clean look. Great job...cheers!

Pam Speidel said...

Definitely colors I wouldn't think to use together, but you've made them SING! The first card is my FAV too! I always enjoy a trip to your blog! Smiles, Pam :)

Nancy Riley said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous representations of the challenge colors! After seeing your creations, I'm not intimidated by the color combo ... thanks!

Amy White said...

Both fabulous cards Sue! Am loving all the PTI goodies you've used - love that eyelet die with the butterflies!

Marisa said...

I like them both! What a perfect pair, one with flowers and one with butterflies - my two favorite things to stamp and have on cards. Warm fuzzies all over here at the other side of the world LOL! Great double feature :D

Vicki Burdick said...

OH MY, love them both!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

Seriously GORGEOUS, Sue! Both cards are amazing and totally ROCK the colors this week:)

Amy Kolling said...

Ok, so I thought I liked the first one but then I see there's a second one?? AWESOME....that's all I can say...both of them!!

Lea L. said...

Both cards are fabulous!! Loving the floral design of the first one, and the CAS butterfly card just rocks!! Great job with the colors!!

♥♥♥Lea

Silke Ledlow said...

Sue both of your cards are gorgeous!!! You showed off the colors perfecly with these fab PTI goodies :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Shelley said...

Wow! Two really great cards! I had talked myself out of these stamps...I think I may have to reconsider! I am amazed how well your impressions come out. It seems I always get a uninked patch...no matter how hard I try! And I do condition my stamps before I use them. SIGH.

Diane Gilbert said...

Sue I LOVE both of them!!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like the color combo and the arrangement of the elements on each card.

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Sue , I love them both .Love that colour combo as well. I think My fav would have to be the second one . Simple style , it's beautifully crafted though.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous cards! Great use of the colors... love the butterflies. :o)