Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Drum roll please..............................

An Amazing Day!

It has taken 23years but we finally made it! Today was a very special day for us, Ash and I drove to Bendigo to meet with my very grown up half brother (same father different mothers) Johann and his wonderful wife Angie! The last time we met (Johann and I) Johann was 4 and I was 16, the time had come to put another piece in each of our puzzles and finally meet. This has been orchestrated from above by our brother Ross (dec). It has been a meeting that was meant to be! By hell or high water Ross was going to make it happen, I am sure he is looking down at us now with look of satisfaction on his face- We all thank you!!
I started the day very very nervous and fearing what might be, 'what if I wasn't...... or if I didn't........or what if he.........' my mind was in overdrive and for those that know me really well, it is certainly no understatement! But with the help over the past few month from ' Magic Marg' and the Macedon 6 I was able to survive the morning and not set many (I tried for none!) expectations for the day. For the first time in a long while I was able to be ME and be comfortable with ME- it's a long journey but slowly slowly slowly I am making progress in the right direction.
Finally the time had come,we all arrived, (following a few glassy eyes)we sat down, made ourselves comfy and talked and talked and talked some more- what a liberating experience! The nerves were gone and it felt like we had only been out of contact for about a year. Leaving was easy, we all knew that this was the beginning, not the end, of more times together.

I am very proud of what we have all achieved today!
Angie, Johann, ME and Ash



Just Johann and ME


"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step. "- Martin Luther King, Jr

Thanks for stopping by
Sue
XX

2 comments:

Angela said...

Happy Birthday girl! you look great for 28 ! I Hope your realationship with your brother is a long and happy one!
take care x

anglican parish of woodend said...

That's fantastic Sue. I had a tear in my eye reading about your reunion. You should feel very proud of yourself, well done. Wishing you both lots of happy times together in the future...